VEGAN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN ENCHILADAS
Hello everyone! I recently posted a photo of these enchiladas I made. I was asked for the recipe by a few people, but honestly there is not a specific one. I would like to share my personal recipe that I saw/learned growing up on making authentic Mexican enchiladas, but as you all know... I am vegan! These are even more delicious.
• 12 dried pepper “Chile Guajillo” (most grocery stores have them, check Hispanic foods aisle)
• One tomato (boiled)
• 5 cloves of garlic
• 1 tbsp of pink salt
• small piece of onion
• 4 bay leaves
• Avocado oil (great with high temperatures)
• Extra plate
• Glass baking tray with aluminum foil
• 24 tortillas
• Vegan cheese of your choice (either make vegan “queso fresco” or purchase vegan mozzarella) pour in a bowl!
• chopped romain lettuce and vegan sour cream
1. Take tops off dry peppers and empty seeds out, it’s okay if you don’t get every single one. Boil peppers until soft with 4 bay leaves and 5 garlic cloves
2. Blend pepper mix with onion and about 5oz of pepper water until sauce-y consistency
3. Place metal colander over bowl, pour sauce and use spoon until the sauce is separate from the chunky consistency (you may throw that away).
4. Heat avocado oil in medium sauce pan at low-medium heat
5. Dip first tortilla in sauce and fry each side for 20-30seconds on each side, you want to be able to still roll it! Add oil as needed.
6. Place sauced tortilla on plate, put cheese on right side and roll. Then place in tray.
7. Repeat for each tortilla!
8. Plate and top with Romain lettuce and sour cream or any other toppings you would like!
ENJOY! Thanks so much for reading. xo